Real Estate and Developer Services
The real estate industry is exciting and rewarding, but is full of risks and challenges. In recent years, the economy has further compounded the importance of making decisions around capital outlays and risks. In an uncertain environment, considerations of factors such as return on investment and cash flow are more important than ever when deciding whether or not to invest precious capital in any given project. We see potential sources of capital through debt, equity and government sources becoming strained. We offer a broad range of industry assurance, tax and advisory services to provide quality information for you, your stakeholders, your investors, and others to make smart business decisions. Our Real Estate Team understands your industry, so we think beyond compliance and constantly strive to become your trusted advisor.
Real Estate Assurance Services
- Financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations
- Common area audits for owners and operators
- Project operating statement analysis for owners and operators
- Fair value financial presentations
Real Estate Tax Services
Our experienced tax professionals are familiar with all facets of the federal, state and local tax laws and regulations that affect the real estate industry.
- Partnership, LLC, and “S” corporation planning and structuring
- Debt restructuring
- Capital gains planning techniques
- Cost segregation analysis and depreciation planning
- Like‐kind exchange planning (1031)
- Tax credits: certified historical, low‐income housing, energy and others
- Passive activity rules planning
- Estate and gift tax planning
- Property tax mitigation and appeals
Real Estate Advisory/Consulting
We provide numerous advisory services to the industry. We build an integrated platform of tax, assurance, and advisory services for all of our Real Estate and Developer clients.
Kevin Witriol Principal
"At Bernard Robinson & Company, we know real estate. We help clients develop a holistic approach to their planning, providing not only alternatives, but recommendations based on experience."
Real Estate TEAM
- Jeremy S. Bass Tax Partner, CPA
- James T. Connolly Tax Partner, CPA
- Tim Hooks Partner, Tax Practice Leader, CPA
- Lory H. Kelley Managing Partner, Tax Partner, CPA
- Arnold Lessman Principal, CPA
- Robin Redding Principal, CPA
- Freddy H. Robinson Partner, CPA
- Tim Smith Partner, CPA
- Erica B. Vernon Partner, CPA
- Kevin Witriol Principal, CPA