- Affordable Housing
- Common Interest Realty Associations
- Employee Benefit Plans
- High Wealth Individuals
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Multi-Family Office
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Senior Living Services
- Transportation and Logistics
- Trust and Estate Planning
- Wholesale and Retail
Partner, CPA, CFP, PFS
David McClure is a tax partner at Bernard Robinson & Company and has worked over 30 years in public accounting, providing tax, accounting and consulting services to individuals and businesses. David’s areas of expertise include estate, gift and trust planning and taxation, individual tax compliance and planning, wealth transfer strategies for high net worth families, and succession planning. He has also designed sales of C Corporations to eliminate the double tax scenario. David consults with clients regarding divorce mediation and equitable distribution of assets and has served as an expert witness on valuation and tax issues. He has consulted in numerous Internal Revenue Service examinations, including several at the appellate level and two court cases.
- Auburn University, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Accounting)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Master of Business Administration
Professional and Civic Memberships
- Wilkes Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, term begins January 2019
- Leadership Wilkes, Class of 2017
- SBA Emerging Leaders Program, Class of 2015
NC License #20484
Outside the Office
- David grew up in Charlotte and returned to make his home here after college. He and his wife enjoy spending time with their three children, extended family and friends in the area.
- David enjoys being out in the woods, particularly camping and hiking with his high school freshman son’s Boy Scout troop. David is an Eagle Scout as is his older son. In 2007, David climbed Mt. Rainier and followed that by climbing Mt. Whitney in 2008.
- He also enjoys football. David has coached for Matthews Athletic & Recreation Association and can often be found at local high school football games. He enjoys traveling to his alma mater to cheer on the Tigers with his daughter (a recent Auburn graduate) and son (a sophomore at Auburn).