- Affordable Housing
- Common Interest Realty Associations
- Employee Benefit Plans
- High Wealth Individuals
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Multi-Family Office
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Senior Living Services
- Transportation and Logistics
- Trust and Estate Planning
- Wholesale and Retail
Lory H. Kelley
Managing Partner, Tax Partner, CPA
Lory is Bernard Robinson & Company’s Managing Partner with over 20 years of experience in public accounting serving clients and in firm leadership roles. She has experience working in many industries, including residential and commercial real estate and general and specialty contractors. She applies her knowledge and practical ideas to meet the needs of firm clients from both a business and tax perspective. Lory also has a great depth of experience in creating tax strategies that take into account the whole picture: the individual, their families, and their entrepreneurial enterprises.
Lory has been the firm’s managing partner since 2021. She represents the shift to the third generation of leadership within the firm’s 75-year history. Lory’s focus is on sustainable firm growth by attracting top talent through BRC’s unique culture and employee experience, being the leading accounting and consulting firm in serving the middle-market, family business sector, and being entrepreneurial in spirit as new opportunities arise. Prior to being named Managing Partner, Lory served as the firm’s Tax Practice Area Leader for three and a half years developing strategies within the tax department to most effectively manage teammates, developing formalized tax service lines, sustaining client service through the pandemic, and developing an overall culture of teamwork and comradery.
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro – Bachelor of Science in Accounting (summa cum laude)
Professional and Civic Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- Greensboro Rotary
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) – Member
NC License #29119
Outside the Office
- Lory, her husband, Mike, and son, Brennen, are an active, outdoor family. It is not unusual for a weekend road trip to the beaches of Charleston, going out to the barn to work with their horses, Freckles and Sullivan, and Shetland Pony, Blossom, or simply playing tennis and doing some yardwork.
- Lory’s idea of a perfect evening is curling up in a comfortable chair with a good book and a hot cup of Earl Grey tea.