- Affordable Housing
- Common Interest Realty Associations
- Employee Benefit Plans
- High Wealth Individuals
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Multi-Family Office
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Senior Living Services
- Transportation and Logistics
- Trust and Estate Planning
- Wholesale and Retail
James T. Connolly
Tax Partner, CPA
James is a tax partner at our firm with over twenty years of experience in public and private accounting. With a background in auditing and private accounting, James has spent the last thirteen years in the tax world working with small businesses and individuals to meet their tax compliance and consulting needs. While he has clients in a variety of industries, he serves a large number in the service industries, particularly in the professional services area such as attorneys, consultants and investment advisors. He has extensive experience in working with partnership ownership changes and the related IRC Section 754 basis step-ups as well as with hedge fund reporting and disclosures for his high wealth individual clients. He is also a 2017 graduate of Leadership Winston-Salem.
Appalachian State University – Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Cum laude)
Professional and Civic Memberships
- Winston-Salem Estate Planning Council (Board member)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- Winston-Salem Rotary
- Downtown Winston-Salem Partnership (former Treasurer)
- St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church (former Treasurer and vestry member)
NC License #25294
Outside the Office
- James enjoys spending time with his four children. His oldest two children are at Early College of Forsyth and his younger two are homeschooled by his wife Tammy. She is the real champion of the family.
- James also loves playing golf with his teenage daughter who plays for Reynolds High School. They recently went to Pebble Beach together where she played in the Pure Insurance Champions Tour event with the First Tee. The highlight of the tournament for her was getting a birdie on the famous par three, hole number 17.
- He is a student of history, especially enjoying the Revolutionary War period as well as the history of taxation. In addition, he is an avid genealogist, having personally researched and documented his Connolly lineage to the original immigrant from Ireland to Virginia in 1703.
- Born in Elizabeth City, he grew up in Statesville and has made his home in Winston-Salem for over 20 years