With so much complexity in the tax laws and uncertainty regarding what deduction might be reduced or eliminated and when, it can be challenging to put together a clear picture. Making decisions without ample clarity can have disastrous consequences. In an environment where visibility can be impaired, it is important to have advisors you can trust who are experienced and tuned into the most reliable sources to ensure your multi-year tax planning strategies are based on the best guidance at the time.
Devising Custom Tax Strategies for Over 65 Years
At Bernard Robinson & Company, we have been working with individuals, their businesses and their families to devise custom tax strategies based on unique sets of circumstances for over 65 years. Leaving no stone unturned in looking at their individual goals, needs and expectations, we staunchly subscribe to the statement made by Judge Learned Hand:
Anyone may arrange his affairs so that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which best pays the treasury. There is not even a patriotic duty to increase one’s taxes. Over and over again the Courts have said that there is nothing sinister in so arranging affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everyone does it, rich and poor alike and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands.
Accordingly, individual income tax services are a year round process involving both planning and data gathering. Our experienced tax staff provides the following services for individual returns.
- Individual income tax return preparation
- State income tax return preparation for every applicable state
- Tax projections and estimated tax payments
- Alternative minimum tax planning
- Estate and gift tax planning
- Planning for changes in tax laws
- Evaluation of tax impact of investments
- Retirement Planning
- Assistance with trusts and family limited partnerships
- Assistance with qualified and non-qualified retirement plans
- Foreign income and credits for foreign taxes paid
- Representation for IRS and state examinations
Service Leadership Team
We welcome the opportunity to learn more about you and your specific situation.