The viability of a company can be threatened in a number of ways. In order to last generations, plans must be put into place to prepare for the expected, as well as the unexpected. The primary purpose of the plan is to insulate the business and maintain its ability to thrive during major changes to its business structure. Regardless of size or ownership structure, every company needs a documented plan in place that prepares for what we know will eventually come, as well as unanticipated events. These plans should account for changes resulting from such events as:
- the unexpected death of the founding visionary
- a major shareholder going through a divorce
- the retirement a major shareholder
- a lawsuit which threatens the company’s viability
With the proper plan your business can remain competitive, maintain its culture, complete projects on hand and acquire new projects during tumultuous times. Bernard Robinson & Company has been advising clients advising clients on these issues since 1947. We know the questions to ask. Based on our vast expertise and experience, we can work with you to develop creative, customized solutions so you can put measures in place to protect your business when these events occur.
Our offerings include:
- Equitable distribution (divorce) values
- Family wealth transfer (gift/estate planning and compliance)
- Mediation and arbitration
- Planning ahead for the retirement of a business owner (succession planning)
- Sale or purchase of a business
Service Leadership Team
We welcome the opportunity to learn more about you and your specific situation.