At Bernard Robinson & Company, our mission statement includes our commitment to “enable individuals to achieve their own goals,” both personally and professionally. We strive to create an environment that encourages inspired, innovative and trustworthy individuals to excel. We are growing every year, but still maintain a culture and a work environment that will make a difference in your life from the first day you walk through our doors. We value the fresh perspective that experienced professionals can bring to our firm. Whether you have worked for a small or large firm, in industry or the public sector, you will love our philosophy and close-knit organization.
Our firm structure fosters success. This is evidenced by our being awarded one of the Best Accounting Firms to Work For by Accounting Today, maintaining a lower than industry average turnover rate, promoting 18% of employees (including two Senior Managers to Partners) over the past year and smiles you find upon visiting our office. We help support career development and overall employee satisfaction in a number of ways, which include the following:
- Offering a diverse client base – Our diverse client base allows for growth in many industries and service fields. There are abundant opportunities for employees to share ideas and continue to grow professionally. This variety of industry practices leads has contributed to the health and growth of our firm.
- Providing an environment conducive to achieving true work-life balance – Strong proponents of work-life balance, we have many policies in place to support this. Employees are given abbreviated work hours during the months of June, July, and August. They can purchase additional weeks of vacation. Employees typically travel less than 10%. They sometimes have opportunities for individual work arrangements.
- Supporting productivity with best of breed technology – We are committed to utilizing technology to maximize productivity and efficiency. Each employee is equipped with up to four internal monitors and a mobile monitor for home use. Operating in a Citrix environment, under a cloud structure, we are able access information as easily out of the office as we are inside the office.
- Offering consistent continuing professional development and mentoring throughout the year – We offer a formal training program comprised of internally and externally designed and taught courses. Additionally, we have a structured management training program conducted by outside consultants to assist with employees as they are promoted to supervisory and management level positions. Much mentoring within our firm takes place informally due to close relationships existing across all levels. In addition to the informal mentoring, we have a structured mentoring program that pairs each accountant with a more senior accountant who can help them design a clear career path to meet their professional goals.
- Providing leadership and growth opportunities – The benefits of being a mid-sized firm include early access to decision-makers. Whether this means being included on a business development call to a prospective clients, asked to directly contact high level decision-makers for information, being included in client consulting engagements, etc. This often provides opportunities for professionals to learn faster and move up quickly. Whether involved in a public speaking engagement, leading an internal or external committee, being the direct contact for a client, conducting internal training classes, etc. you will have ample opportunities to enhance and further refine your skills.
- Focusing on each individual’s total contribution – At Bernard Robinson & Company, we consider any time employees are working on behalf of the firm as valuable and attach value to time spent on these activities. In addition to working with clients, we include time spent recruiting, training, volunteering etc. in the hours of an employee’s work week.
- Offering competitive salaries and benefit packages – We offer aggressive salaries and a robust benefits package to all eligible employees that includes health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, long and short term disability, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Plan, retirement plan, vacation days and sick leave.